In ASEAN, wages have not kept up. It has taken longer and longer hours to earn for basic needs of families. Job security has trended towards precarious. Work conditions have barely improved. Rights to organize and bargain have not received full attention.
Photo highlights during the first ever ATUC Youth Rally
on 3-5 September 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Highlights on 4 September 2015: Discussions on trade union initiatives, challenges and opportunities for the youth, protecting migrant workers through trade union agreements, role of trade unions in labor migration in ASEAN, and fun activities.
- Baseline Survey for the ITUC-AP/DGB BW Cooperation Project re Women/Youth Integration in Trade Unions, 1 February - 17 March 2019, ASEAN & Timor Leste
- ATUC Leaders Meeting and KSPSI 46th Anniversary Celebrations, 22-24 February 2019, Jakarta
- Information dissemination, youth and women in trade unions and advocacy workshop for Indonesian migrant workers, 24-25 February 2019, Jakarta
- Campaign toolkit for the ratification of ILO C189 on decent work for domestic workers, 26 February 2019, Jakarta
- Youth and women in trade unions and protecting migrant workers workshop, 4-5 March 2019, Yangon
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116