In ASEAN, wages have not kept up. It has taken longer and longer hours to earn for basic needs of families. Job security has trended towards precarious. Work conditions have barely improved. Rights to organize and bargain have not received full attention.
Photo highlights during the first ever ATUC Youth Rally
on 3-5 September 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Highlights on 4 September 2015: Discussions on trade union initiatives, challenges and opportunities for the youth, protecting migrant workers through trade union agreements, role of trade unions in labor migration in ASEAN, and fun activities.
- Baseline Survey for the ITUC-AP/DGB BW Cooperation Project re Women/Youth Integration in Trade Unions, 1 February - 17 March 2019, ASEAN & Timor Leste
- Campaign toolkit for the ratification of ILO C189 on decent work for domestic workers workshop, 26 February 2019, Jakarta
- Youth and women in trade unions and protecting migrant workers workshop, 4-5 March 2019, Yangon
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES