ATUC Youth Rally 2015, 3-5 September 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Photo highlights during the first ever ATUC Youth Rally
on 3-5 September 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Highlights on 4 September 2015: Discussions on trade union initiatives, challenges and opportunities for the youth, protecting migrant workers through trade union agreements, role of trade unions in labor migration in ASEAN, and fun activities.
- ATP-ATUC Visioning Event and Research Dissemination, tbc, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Follow Up Training of Trade Union Focal Points on Labor Migration, tbc, Manila, Philippines
- After Duterte, Malaysia’s Najib seeks closer ties to China
- Duterte’s US-China policy pivot adds to Asean uncertainties
- Internship opportunities: Labor migration, workers’ rights and campaigns
- Asean should tackle inequality, increase role of private sector: James Riady
- Labour ministry to target migrant workers in efforts to boost economy
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic