In ASEAN, wages have not kept up. It has taken longer and longer hours to earn for basic needs of families. Job security has trended towards precarious. Work conditions have barely improved. Rights to organize and bargain have not received full attention.
Photo highlights during the first ever ATUC Youth Rally
on 3-5 September 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Highlights on 4 September 2015: Discussions on trade union initiatives, challenges and opportunities for the youth, protecting migrant workers through trade union agreements, role of trade unions in labor migration in ASEAN, and fun activities.
- Asian unions identify priorities to strengthen actions for migrant workers
- ASEAN bolsters cooperation in human rights
- FTA between China’s Hong Kong, 3 ASEAN nations to take effect in June
- Asean in 2040: Bolder and stronger?
- Asean unions and employers find common priorities to protect migrant workers
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES