VietNamNet Bridge – Senior officials in charge of economic, security and socio-cultural communities in ASEAN member countries met in the Phnom Penh on Mar. 4 to prepare agendas and documents for the 20th ASEAN Summit and related Summits scheduled for April 3- 4.
Opening meeting, Soeung Rathchavy, Secretary of State at Cambodia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, affirmed that as the 2012 ASEAN chair, Cambodia will do its best to ensure the success of the ASEAN leaders’ summits and other related summits this year.
The meeting will update the progress in cooperation in human resources development, consultation on macroeconomic and financial policies, enhancement of infrastructure and communications connectivity, towards the aim of transforming ASEAN into a region with free movement of goods, services, investment, skilled labour, and flow of capital by 2015.
Regarding security issues, the officials will debate documents on a regional Code of Conduct (COC) in the East Sea, the establishment of an ASEAN Institute for Peace and Recommendation, the original draft of a treaty on the Southeast Asian Nuclear Weapon Free Zone, and ASEAN Maritime Security.
On the socio-cultural issues, they will arrange a number of documents including Concept Paper on Small and Medium-Size Cultural Enterprises, ASEAN Regional Festival of Arts and Culture on Building ASEAN Community of Caring Society, Concept Paper on ASEAN TV Channel, the issues of migrant workers, drug, climate change, and women and children. –VietNamNet/Vietnam Plus
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116