Deputy Foreign Minister Le Luong Minh who has been named as Vietnam’s candidate for the rotating ASEAN secretary general’s post for 2013-17
Vietnam, which gets to nominate the ASEAN secretary general for the 2013-17 term, named Deputy Foreign Minister Le Luong Minh for the post at last month’s ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Cambodia, Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Luong Thanh Nghi said Thursday.
Nghi told a press briefing in Hanoi that other ASEAN members’ foreign ministers had supported the nomination and would submit it to their governments for approval at the 21st ASEAN Summit in Phnom Penh this November.
Also at the press briefing, Nghi was asked about Vietnam’s reaction to reports that China had sent a large number of fishing vessels to fish on the East Sea.
“All activities in the East Sea must be in accordance with international law, especially the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and the spirit of the Declaration on Conduct of the Parties in the East Sea (DOC), and on the basis of respect for the sovereignty and sovereign and territorial rights of all countries.” –http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/pages/20120810-vietnam-deputy-fm-nominated-as-asean-secretary-general.aspx
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116