ASEAN countries have taken over the European Union and are now a major driving force for China’s textile and apparel exports, said the China National Textile and Apparel Council.
The country’s textile and apparel exports to ASEAN countries saw an annual increase of 23.4 percent from 2005 to 2011, the council’s data showed.
Textile and apparel exports to ASEAN countries hit $23.55 billion in the first 11 months of 2012, a year-on-year increase of 33.5 percent.
The United States, Japan, the European Union, Asean and Hong Kong are the top five destinations for China’s textile and apparel industry. However, exports to the EU are declining due to the eurozone debt crisis. –LI WOKE (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES