ASEAN countries have taken over the European Union and are now a major driving force for China’s textile and apparel exports, said the China National Textile and Apparel Council.
The country’s textile and apparel exports to ASEAN countries saw an annual increase of 23.4 percent from 2005 to 2011, the council’s data showed.
Textile and apparel exports to ASEAN countries hit $23.55 billion in the first 11 months of 2012, a year-on-year increase of 33.5 percent.
The United States, Japan, the European Union, Asean and Hong Kong are the top five destinations for China’s textile and apparel industry. However, exports to the EU are declining due to the eurozone debt crisis. –LI WOKE (chinadaily.com.cn)
- Asian unions identify priorities to strengthen actions for migrant workers
- ASEAN bolsters cooperation in human rights
- FTA between China’s Hong Kong, 3 ASEAN nations to take effect in June
- Asean in 2040: Bolder and stronger?
- Asean unions and employers find common priorities to protect migrant workers
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES