BANGKOK, 19 March 2013 (NNT) – Thai people are among the happiest people in the ASEAN region, while they are ranked 52nd among the world.
As March 20th has been designated as the International Day of Happiness by the United Nations (UN), Director General of the Department of Mental Health Wachira Pengjuntr has revealed that the survey conducted in 156 countries on people’s happiness has indicated that Thailand is the 52nd happiest nation in the world, and the third happiest in the ASEAN region, trailing Singapore and Malaysia.
The main objective of the International Day of Happiness is to remind people of how important happiness is to everybody. Therefore, the Public Health Ministry is suggesting Thais spend more time with their families.
Among the world’s happiest nations, Denmark, Finland, and Norway are the top 3, while Togo, Benin, and Sierra Leone are at the bottom of the list.
The director further revealed that the 5 happiest provinces of Thailand are Nakhon Phanom, Phichit, Trang, Chaiyaphum, and Krabi, while Bangkok ranked 65th out of the country’s 77 provinces.
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116