LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – The supposed power restoration of Albay Power and Energy Corporation (APEC) in Barangay Tuburan, Ligao City was interrupted after one of its lineman was electrocuted while fixing electric connections in the place.
Senior Supt. Marlo S. Meneses, Albay provincial police director, said the victim, Mark Anthony Maraya, 28, a probationary employee of APEC and a resident of Basud, San Rafael, Guinobatan, Albay, was electrocuted at about 12:30 p.m. yesterday.
The victim was rushed Josefina Belmonte Duran Memorial District Hospital (JBDMDH) but he was pronounced dead on arrival. (Nino N. Luces)
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116