LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – The supposed power restoration of Albay Power and Energy Corporation (APEC) in Barangay Tuburan, Ligao City was interrupted after one of its lineman was electrocuted while fixing electric connections in the place.
Senior Supt. Marlo S. Meneses, Albay provincial police director, said the victim, Mark Anthony Maraya, 28, a probationary employee of APEC and a resident of Basud, San Rafael, Guinobatan, Albay, was electrocuted at about 12:30 p.m. yesterday.
The victim was rushed Josefina Belmonte Duran Memorial District Hospital (JBDMDH) but he was pronounced dead on arrival. (Nino N. Luces)
National treatment for migrant workers!
If migrant workers were treated as good as citizens, all will be well. Healthy migrant workers would mean healthy citizens.
ITUC-AP/DGB BW/ATUC Project Raising women and youth participation in trade unions and society in ASEAN.
- Closing borders will not stop human trafficking in ASEAN
- Shielding Asean migrant workers
- Joint Statement of the 29th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Trade Negotiating Committee (RCEP TNC) Meeting
- Pandemic: Grim Future For ASEAN’s Workers
- Promoting skilled labor mobility and migration in Southeast Asia
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES