LEGAZPI CITY, Albay – The supposed power restoration of Albay Power and Energy Corporation (APEC) in Barangay Tuburan, Ligao City was interrupted after one of its lineman was electrocuted while fixing electric connections in the place.
Senior Supt. Marlo S. Meneses, Albay provincial police director, said the victim, Mark Anthony Maraya, 28, a probationary employee of APEC and a resident of Basud, San Rafael, Guinobatan, Albay, was electrocuted at about 12:30 p.m. yesterday.
The victim was rushed Josefina Belmonte Duran Memorial District Hospital (JBDMDH) but he was pronounced dead on arrival. (Nino N. Luces)
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES