27-28 November 2014, Yangon, Myanmar
The ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) with the assistance of the ILO ASEAN TRIANGLE Project through the ITUC – Asia Pacific organized the above activity and discussed Myanmar initiatives on the protection of migrant workers. These and the different initiatives of ATUC affiliates resulted in specific actions to implement the ATUC inter-union agreement for decent work in labour migration and the recommendations of the 7th ASEAN Forum on Migrant Labour.
The activity also proposed actions for (1) standard employment contracts; (2) pre-employment, pre-departure, post-arrival, and reintegration orientation programs; (3) migrant workers’ membership in unions; (4) establishment and strengthening of Migrant Resource Centers, and (5) capacity building for affiliates’ focal points for migrant labour.
Thirty (eight women) from 19 affiliates and organisations including the International Labour Organisation participated in the activity.
- ASEAN bolsters cooperation in human rights
- FTA between China’s Hong Kong, 3 ASEAN nations to take effect in June
- Asean in 2040: Bolder and stronger?
- Asean unions and employers find common priorities to protect migrant workers
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES