on Sunday, 09 August 2015. Posted in 2015, Statement & Communiques
Chairman’s Statement of The 16th ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers Meeting, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1. The 16th Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of ASEAN and the people’s Republic of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 6 August 2015. The Meeting was chaired by His Excellency Dato Sri’ Anifah Aman, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia.
Review and Future Direction of ASEAN Plus Three Cooperation
2. The Ministers Welcomed the substantive progress Made in ASEAN Plus Three cooperation since its formation in 1997 and reiterated their commitment to further intensify and expand cooperation under the ASEAN Plus Three framework with ASEAN as the driving force for enhanced peace, security and prosperity in the East Asian Region, with the long-term goal of building an East Asian Community.
3. Mindful that within the next two decades, the ASEAN region is set to account for 40% of global GDP and 60% of the world’s middle class, the ministers reiterated the importance of ASEAN Plus Three cooperation as a main vehicle towards achieving greater regional integration, including through realizing the ASEAN Community by the end of 2015.
Download the full Chairman Statement here.
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES