On Wednesday, 14 October 2015, FORUM-ASIA, together with the People’s Empowerment Foundation (PEF), will hold a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand to present one of its most recent reports, the “Future of Human Rights in ASEAN: Calling for Independence and Protection Mandates”. It will be presented to the Thai representatives of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) and the ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children (ACWC).
FORUM-ASIA and the SAPA Task Force on ASEAN and Human Rights (TFAHR) have been producing a yearly monitoring and assessment report on the performance of the AICHR and the ACWC since 2010. The annual reports aim to contribute to strengthening the work of the AICHR and the ACWC through civil society participation. This year’s, 2015, report is the fifth of the series and is entitled “Future of Human Rights in ASEAN: Calling for Independence and Protection Mandates”.
- Asian unions identify priorities to strengthen actions for migrant workers
- ASEAN bolsters cooperation in human rights
- FTA between China’s Hong Kong, 3 ASEAN nations to take effect in June
- Asean in 2040: Bolder and stronger?
- Asean unions and employers find common priorities to protect migrant workers
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES