On Wednesday, 14 October 2015, FORUM-ASIA, together with the People’s Empowerment Foundation (PEF), will hold a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand to present one of its most recent reports, the “Future of Human Rights in ASEAN: Calling for Independence and Protection Mandates”. It will be presented to the Thai representatives of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR) and the ASEAN Commission on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Women and Children (ACWC).
FORUM-ASIA and the SAPA Task Force on ASEAN and Human Rights (TFAHR) have been producing a yearly monitoring and assessment report on the performance of the AICHR and the ACWC since 2010. The annual reports aim to contribute to strengthening the work of the AICHR and the ACWC through civil society participation. This year’s, 2015, report is the fifth of the series and is entitled “Future of Human Rights in ASEAN: Calling for Independence and Protection Mandates”.
- Asean unions and employers find common priorities to protect migrant workers
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
c/o National Trade Union Center Philippines
Suites 8 N & O, Future Point Plaza 2, 115 Mother Ignacia St., South Triangle, Quezon City 1103, PHILIPPINES