PHNOM PENH, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) — Cambodia and Saudi Arabia have signed two agreements on the recruitment of Cambodian laborers and maids for working in the Arab country, said a statement released by the Cambodia’s Labor Ministry on Friday.
The agreements were inked by Saudi Arabia’s Labor Minister Mofarrej S. Al-Hoquabani and Cambodia’s Labor Minister Ith Samheng in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on Thursday, the statement said.
The pacts aimed “to increase bilateral cooperation between Cambodia and Saudi Arabia in labor and human resources development, especially to protect the rights and interests of Cambodian laborers working legally in Saudi Arabia,” it said, adding that the deals will also oversee recruitment, work standard, and repatriation of laborers.
According to the statement, the two countries will also set up a joint technical committee to settle challenges in regard to the implementation of the agreements.
Currently, the Southeast Asian country has dispatched laborers to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Japan. ShanghaiDailycom, 12 February 2016
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116