In the closing session, Brother Maung Maung on behalf of ATUC re-stressed support for the institutionalization of this dialogue and looked forward to the implementation of what had been agreed. Brother Noriyuki Suzuki, ITUC-Asia Pacific General Secretary, congratulated ATUC and ACE on the successful conclusion of the joint meeting which would lead to sustainable efforts to promote the decent work agenda in the ASEAN process.
- New priorities for the European Union at 60
- Asean’s next 50 years
- For female migrant workers, problems can begin at home
- Cambodians, speaking out against Thai slave labor, seek justice in United States
- Cambodian union, civil society groups urge end to violence, discrimination against women
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
Unit 714, 7th Floor, Future Point Plaza 1
112 Panay Street, Quezon City