What are the opportunities and benefits offered by the Asean community? What is in it for us?
Most citizens in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) know all about the benefit of visa-free travels to the 10 ASEAN member states (AMS). But ASEAN is more than just travel. It is more than the “headline-making stories such as the South China Sea disputes, which do not equal ASEAN.”
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- China, Singapore seek to expedite RCEP trade talks
- Modern slavery in Asia
- Children need global help: Child labour numbers are no longer dropping, they may be climbing back up
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116