What are the opportunities and benefits offered by the Asean community? What is in it for us?
Most citizens in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) know all about the benefit of visa-free travels to the 10 ASEAN member states (AMS). But ASEAN is more than just travel. It is more than the “headline-making stories such as the South China Sea disputes, which do not equal ASEAN.”
- Asia ministers in push for China-led free trade pact
- Young workers herald rise of Southeast Asia as growth leader
- Arab and Asian unions urged to set priorities, strengthen cooperation for migrant workers
- The world’s advanced economies should think twice about curbing migration
- ASEAN to promote mobility of women migrant workers in the region
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
Unit 714, 7th Floor, Future Point Plaza 1
112 Panay Street, Quezon City