In spite of what was earlier promised, a mega trade deal that would have linked around 30 percent of the global economy failed to find a substantial conclusion this year.
Some countries behind the proposed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) still haven’t seen eye to eye on some contentious issues even after 20 rounds of negotatiations held within the year.
- Asean unions relaunch online complaints mechanism for migrant workers
- Asean official meets ATUC, receives ATUC Bali Declaration
- ATUC leaders meet in Bali, adopt Declaration on key concerns of labour in Asean
- ATUC youth joins conference on reducing youth unemployment and the future of work
- Making women in leadership a norm
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 2 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116