The recognition of migrants’ rights is essential to achieving Decent Work for all men and women. In 2012, the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development launched the Tripartite Action for the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers in the ASEAN Region, also known as.. read more →
The ASEAN Confederation of Employers (ACE) and the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) identified mutual recognition of skills for medium and low-skilled workers, social protection for migrant workers, ethical recruitment and protection of migrant workers throughout the migration cycle as priority for joint actions during the first ACE-ATUC dialogue on 8-9 March 2016 in Bangkok,.. read more →
Better terms and treatment of migrant workers contribute to improvement of wages and working conditions for all workers. Ensuring the protection of migrants’ rights is essential to achieve Decent Work for all men and women. In 2012, the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development launched the Tripartite.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116