BEIJING: China and Singapore will do their best to expedite talks on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), Singapore’s foreign minister said, calling the potential pact a statement on the importance of free trade. The Beijing-backed RCEP has been given new impetus by US President Donald Trump’s withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement,.. read more →
China’s economy and reform agenda will get an extra boost if it joins the Trans-Pacific Partnership, argues political commentator Bo Zhiyue. BEIJING: The 11 remaining members of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) decided in May to move forward with the trade deal without the United States. But a major issue is whether China should be invited.. read more →
Inter-regional trade will take off as Asian supply and value chains become more specialized. Asia is going through sweeping transformations that have altered its economic landscape in fundamental ways. The People’s Republic of China (PRC) is shifting from export-led to consumption-led growth. The opposite is happening in India, where the Make in India campaign hopes.. read more →
That ASEAN has not deepened intra-regional trade ties means that opportunities have been lost, argues NUS Business School’s Andrew Delios. SINGAPORE: ASEAN is a success in many ways. Since the regional bloc was founded 50 years ago, the number of member nations has doubled. The region has also long been peaceful and prosperous, thanks to.. read more →
SINGAPORE (Nov 16): Now that Donald Trump is the US President Elect, market watchers expect the ratification of the Trans-Pacific Partnership to lapse, dashing the hopes of external markets that rely on US demand. That means Singapore would be the hardest hit among ASEAN countries by a fall in final demand from the US. Citi.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116