The representatives of the Arab Trade Union Confederation (ArabTUC), South Asia Regional Trade Union Confederation (SARTUC), and ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) identified five priority actions for the protection of migrant workers in a meeting on 17-18 May 2016 in Bangkok, Thailand: Campaign for the ratification and application of ILO migrant labour conventions; Sharing of.. read more →
The ASEAN Confederation of Employers (ACE) and the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) identified mutual recognition of skills for medium and low-skilled workers, social protection for migrant workers, ethical recruitment and protection of migrant workers throughout the migration cycle as priority for joint actions during the first ACE-ATUC dialogue on 8-9 March 2016 in Bangkok,.. read more →
PHNOM PENH, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) — Cambodia and Saudi Arabia have signed two agreements on the recruitment of Cambodian laborers and maids for working in the Arab country, said a statement released by the Cambodia’s Labor Ministry on Friday. The agreements were inked by Saudi Arabia’s Labor Minister Mofarrej S. Al-Hoquabani and Cambodia’s Labor Minister.. read more →
“The ILO will strengthen work with you social partners to inject social dimension into ASEAN integration” said Mr. Guy Ryder, Director General of the International Labor Organization (ILO), in a meeting with ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) leaders on 25 October 2015 in Singapore. This was in response to the challenges of giving decent work.. read more →
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – The ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) on 9 December 2015 called on the ASEAN, governments of Member States, ASEAN secretariat, and stakeholders to consider “A Framework for ASEAN Labor Standards and Emerging Principles” in compliance with the ILO Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and Decent Work. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116