The Migrant Workers’ Rights Network has demanded five conditions from the Thai Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Welfare on Tuesday. read more →
Manila, Philippines – As initial engagement with the ASEAN Senior Labor Officials Meeting (SLOM), the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) met the SLOM Chair, U Myo Aung from Myanmar, and handed the ATUC Kuala Lumpur Declaration on the ASEAN Agreement on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Workers on 4 May.. read more →
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – “The draft ASEAN Agreement on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Workers should be built on the basis of the ILO Conventions and relevant international instruments, in harmony with the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work,” said Malaysian Trades Union Congress (MTUC) General Secretary Gopal.. read more →
The ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), during its parallel meeting for the 26th ASEAN Summit on 22-23 April 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, adopted the Kuala Lumpur Declaration on the ASEAN Agreement on the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Workers. Taking into consideration current labor market realities in the Association of Southeast Asian.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116