10-12 December 2014, Jakarta, Indonesia The ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) with the assistance of the LO-FTF Council, the Danish trade union council for international development co-operation, through the ITUC – Asia Pacific reviewed policy options for trade unions in the bilateral and regional free trade agreements (BRFTAs). Learning from union experiences in the North.. read more →
29-30 November 2014, Yangon, Myanmar With the assistance of the ITUC-Asia Pacific, 25 representatives from the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) witnessed the historical Second Congress of the Federation of Trade Unions Myanmar (FTUM) after a lengthy struggle for union and workers’ rights recognition in the country. Brother Khalid Bin Atan, ATUC President, extolled the.. read more →
27-28 November 2014, Yangon, Myanmar The ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) with the assistance of the ILO ASEAN TRIANGLE Project through the ITUC – Asia Pacific organized the above activity and discussed Myanmar initiatives on the protection of migrant workers. These and the different initiatives of ATUC affiliates resulted in specific actions to implement the.. read more →
These were the first set of programmes under the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and the Tripartite Action for the Protection and Promotion of the Rights of Migrant Workers in the ASEAN Region (known as the ASEAN TRIANGLE Project (ATP)), a joint initiative of the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Canadian Department of.. read more →
02 July 2013, Manila. –Principal officers of the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) met in Manila to review its five-work programme and explore ways to strengthen collaboration with the International Labor Organization (ILO), the International Trade Union Confederation Asia Pacific (ITUC AP), and other solidarity partners. Solidarity Messages Representing the ITUC AP, Divisional Director P.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116