A comprehensive economic partnership between India, ASEAN and six Free Trade Agreement (FTA) partners will likely take place in 2017, an External Affairs Ministry official said Kolkata on Tuesday. “A comprehensive economic partnership between India, ASEAN and six FTA partners is likely. We are hoping to complete it within this year,” Joint Secretary in the.. read more →
Occupancy cap was slashed to six. Subdividing apartments into small sublets has been a mainstay of the cheaper end of the housing market in Singapore, but has drawn the ire of neighbours who are faced with a lot of people crammed next door. To alleviate overcrowding in apartments, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) decided to.. read more →
Inter-regional trade will take off as Asian supply and value chains become more specialized. Asia is going through sweeping transformations that have altered its economic landscape in fundamental ways. The People’s Republic of China (PRC) is shifting from export-led to consumption-led growth. The opposite is happening in India, where the Make in India campaign hopes.. read more →
LOS BAÑOS, Laguna—The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture has proposed a project to set competency standards for Association of Southeast Asian Nations agricultural workers during a conference held in Malaysia recently. Dr. Gil C. Saguiguit Jr., director of the Philippine-hosted Searca, presented the concept at the 3rd High Officials.. read more →
Mother and Children cruising through Mahakam River, East Kalimantan, Indonesia. Creator: Farish A. Noor. This image is licensed under Creative Commons License. As we celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of ASEAN, and weigh its achievements – of which I believe there are many – the question arises as to whether a sense of common ASEAN identity.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116