This picture shows port workers waiting for a container ship to berth at the port of Qingdao, northeast China’s Shandong province. An important reason for the success in raising living standards in many Asian economies including China has been their openness to trade and investment, as it helps drive competition, efficiency and productivity. The Trump.. read more →
Most of them cannot afford to prepare themselves for the wave of automation, or even worry about it. Quyen wakes up every day with the same routine: working until 6 p.m., rushing to her room to cook a quick meal with some vegetables and 150 grams of meat for both dinner and breakfast the next.. read more →
MANILA, Philippines – Interior and Local Government (DILG) Officer-in-Charge Catalino Cuy is optimistic that the member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) will declare support to the work plan in combating trafficking in persons in the region. Cuy said the DILG, together with other Philippine national agencies, are leading the development of.. read more →
Asian trade ministers met Monday to hammer out the terms of a massive China-led pact that has taken centre stage as Washington pulls away from regional free trade deals in favour of bilateral agreements. The 16-nation Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) is poised to become the largest free trade agreement in the world, covering about half of its.. read more →
BANGKOK – A high-level policy dialogue on regional economic cooperation and integration in support of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDGs) was convened during the ministerial segment of the 73rd session of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP) on 18 May 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand. The.. read more →
- Labor mobility in Asean: Free or unfree?
- Philippines to host Asean Youth Conference 2017
- Opportunity for young workers: XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work, 3 – 6 September 2017, Singapore
- Bloomberg: American chipmakers outsourced a toxic problem
- The Asean economic community-hood: Still a work in progress
What They Say About Us
- Working through the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC), a number of labor groups from Southeast Asia have proposed the ASEAN Social Charter, which they see …
- Labour rights do not feature prominently on ASEAN’s agenda, but the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) is pushing for a social charter and a framework for the protection of migrant workers.
- ASEAN22 : The ASEAN Social Charter was designed by the ASEAN Trade Union Council (ATUC) and labour-friendly NGOs as a social counterpart to ASEAN’s economic
c/o Trade Union Congress of the Philippines
No. 3 Kalaw-Ledesma Circle, Tierra Verde 2, Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1116